This classic Keto meatloaf muffins recipe can be made easily and feels delicious at mealtimes. It is a combination of high-fat proteins that can easily be incorporated into any keto diet. The main ingredients for meatloaf are meat, Eggs, Breadcrumbs, veggie cubes and seasonings.
Spices and diced vegetables throw in very small amounts of calories. When you’ re eating meat, you have to be aware that your calories really differ depending on the type of meat being used, whether it’s beef, chicken or ground turkey.
Keto Meatloaf Muffins Recipe
Keto Meatloaf Muffins
When it comes to the Keto Meatloaf muffins, these are easy to prepare and ideal for evening meals or lunch
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large celery stalk finely chopped
- 1/4 cup yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 1/2 Pound beef 80% ground
- 3/4 Cup Colby Jack cheese shredded
- Black pepper and sea salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp paprika Smoked
- 1 tbsp rosemary leaves finely chopped
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- Use non-stick cooking spray to spray the muffin tin and preheat oven to 375 degrees F
Use your hands to combine all ingredients thoroughly together in a large bowl, except for the shredded Colby Jack shredded cheese.
Take the beef mixture and divide it up into 12 equal-sized portions and put into the muffin tin openings. Cook inside of a pre-heated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the meat has thoroughly cooked.
- Take out of the oven and drain the excess moisture from off the tops of all of the muffins by tipping the tray over into the sink gently. Wipe the excess liquid from the top of the muffin tin and then sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the muffins
- Put back into the oven for another 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and started turning golden brown. Take out of the oven and let it cool down for a few minutes before taking the muffins out of the tin. Serve right away or freeze to use later
On its own, ground beef may be flavorless and a bit dry. In this recipe, to remedy that, the finely chopped onion is added.
This results in excess moisture rising to the top of the meatloaf muffins while they are baking.
That is normal and is easy to remedy by draining the excess moisture off carefully before the cheese is added as is described above in Step 4.