The words “cardio training” might sound scary to some, but it is something that is really simple when you know what you have to do. Many people refer to weight loss as it is something miraculous that it is hard to achieve, but that couldn’t be further from the truth.
Cardiovascular training (otherwise known as cardio) is something that you can easily fit into your life, and it will make the pounds drop off. Any exercises that get your heart pumping are classed as cardio, as this raises your metabolism and burns the maximum amounts of calories.
As long as you BURN more calories than what you take in, either through exercise or simply living, then you will lose weight.
It is a scientific fact, but so many people complicate it. As long as you grow to understand your body, the food that you eat, and the exercise that you do you will get sustainable results.
In addition to generally dropping a few dress sizes, you will also notice the shape and strength of your body are changing. You will look much more toned, especially in the stomach area! Meaning those abs that you have always wanted, could be just around the corner.
The Health Benefits Of Cardio Training
Weight loss and a toned physique are guaranteed with cardio training, but something that is more important than the way that you look is your health. You will feel so much better on the inside, and that’s because the cardio is improving your health in the following ways.
– Exercise in general releases feels good endorphins which leave you feeling happy and positive. It has been proven that cardio training can reduce the risk of stress and anxiety.
Sometimes you might dread doing a workout but at the end of the exercise, nobody ever says, “I wish I didn’t do that.” The feeling after a workout is euphoric, and soon you will grow to love the activity itself.
– You might think that a cardio workout daily or almost daily will leave you feeling exhausted, but it actually gives you more energy in your day to day life.
Better Overall Appearance
– You will have a more prominent “glow” to you when you work out, partly due to your confidence growing and partly because of the benefits to your body.
Improves Self Esteem
– Exercise makes you feel in control, and this can transpire to the rest of your life which can result in a brand new and improved, you!
Better Overall Health
– Your vital organs are going to be much healthier due to better circulation in your body and other factors.
Reduces Risk Of Disease
– By doing cardio, you are reducing your risk of major illnesses like heart disease, stroke, and even cancer. Twenty minutes or so a day to lengthen your lifestyle and make you happier? Yes, please!
The Best Cardio Exercises To Do
Anyone can do cardio, and that’s because there are so many different things you can try, no matter what your level of fitness is. So grab a good pair of trainers and we’re ready to go.
Yes, we are starting on something easy, and if you want to take things slow, walking is perfect for you. It is something that is so beneficial and doable for everybody.
You can start off by walking around the neighborhood and increase this, as you get fitter. You can start doing hikes and increase your pace if you feel like you can. Not only does walking help you lose weight, it tones your thighs and butt for an amazing looking lower body.
The natural step from walking is running, but only if you feel like you can manage it. You can start your journey to becoming a great runner by jogging in small bursts. Setting yourself targets as you go along will help you to improve. There’s nothing quite like a run along the shore on a beautiful day. Running burns so many calories and helps to tone your entire body.
HIIT (high-intensity interval training) is taking the fitness world by storm because it gets results and fast. It consists of short bursts of high-intensity cardio moves (such as burpees) followed by longer bursts of lower intensity moves (like jumping jacks).
It is specially designed to give amazing results, and because the workout is a little different, it is super fun. Look for HIIT workouts online for free, you will not be disappointed!
Many other exercises count as cardio training such as swimming, sport, and dance. Give a few things a try and you are guaranteed to find the perfect workout for you.
Other things to consider
- Ensure that when you are doing cardio training, you stay hydrated. A bottle of water should be kept on you at all times and take small sips when you need to. Never exert yourself. If you need a break – take it!
- Perform a gentle stretch before you start your workout to prepare your muscles; this will reduce the risk of injury and makes for a safer workout.
- In addition to cardio training, you should be making changes in other areas of your life i.e., your diet. If you do a 30-minute workout daily, but you eat way more than what you should be, you will not see the benefits mentioned.
- Take a look at the foods that you consume and try to banish takeaways and processed junk from your diet.
- The odd treat is fine, but you should be aiming to eat healthy 90% of the time. Some foods that you should be eating a lot of are fruits, vegetables, chicken, fish, and whole grains.
Moving more and eating less is really the secret to maintainable weight loss and a toned, fit body. Cardio is the best exercise that you can do but not just because of the benefits on the outside of your body.
You should be thinking about your long-term aim. Cardio is going to make you a healthier person. The trick to starting up an exercise plan is consistency and finding something that you love doing.
We are creatures of habit and sooner or later, you will become addicted to the buzz that working out gives you.