There are many muscle building supplements on the market today which are used to enable muscle development and are legal as well as effective as long as you make the right selection. Bodybuilding is a sport that requires a lot of discipline, regular exercise, rest, good recovery, and impeccable food. However, it is not always possible to consume all the calories required for proper growth in mass or strength. That is why muscle supplements are available; to consume more calories and useful nutrients easily and in a more practical way.
In fact, muscle mass gain requires a lot of calorie intake to facilitate the assimilation of nutrients; it is the objective of gainers. In the same idea, protein powder allows you to increase your protein consumption, which is necessary to build muscle. It is not possible to build muscle without amino acids or to make muscle mass without the calories.
Here we will discuss regarding the five best muscle building supplements available on the market at present
- If you add two milkshakes of gainer, you consume the equivalent of 5 meals along with your three regular meals. This extremely tasty solution provides you with a greater amount of carbohydrates and protein that you wouldn’t eat otherwise. It is also more difficult to prepare five meals a day while a shake can serve the purpose with a simple turn of the hand.
- The gainers are produced from carbohydrates, protein (whey, casein, egg albumin), essential lipids, vitamins and minerals in order to provide a calorie intake of the highest quality. To nourish your muscles and get very intense and heavy exercises, a gainer is a solution that is simple, practical and efficient.
- Proteins are made up of a blend of amino acids, the essential elements of building muscle. The muscles are mainly made up of amino acids. It is for this reason that a bodybuilding athlete should consume a higher quantity of protein. Let us add that even an athlete of endurance needs protein since the amino-acids are mostly degraded after sugars and fats are consumed, only as a last resort.
- According to your needs, there exist different types of protein. The multi-source proteins facilitate the release of amino acids, and you can avoid catabolism (breakdown of muscle fibers for energy)
- Whey is a milk protein. Equipped with properties that are very popular among the bodybuilding fans, the whey is assimilated quickly, and, therefore, it will be ideal after a workout or to fill a quick need for amino acids. Rich in BCAA and glutamine , whey is the Queen of the bodybuilding protein.
- Often consisting of Casein, this high-quality protein is recommended to be consumed in the morning or at bedtime before you go to sleep.This is due to its ability to have a slower absorption rate than the Whey as mentioned earlier protein.
3. Vitamins and antioxidants, your allies in muscle recovery
- The micronutrients such as vitamins, minerals and trace elements are involved in the essential functions of your body. Moreover, the immune system requires the contribution of the vitamins to be reinforced, and we know the role of the vitamin C and E on this point. B vitamins are essential for the metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates and fats. Without B vitamins, your progress will probably be slower. It is also for this reason that the gainers are fortified with vitamins and minerals.
- Antioxidants also provide an invaluable help to your progress in the long run because they protect your cells from the free radicals. These molecules that are harmful to our health are derived in part from our environment, but they are also created by the intense workouts that you impose on your body. Fortunately, there are thousands of antioxidants in nature, including vitamin C and E.
- It would be foolish not to mention creatine as part of the best nutritional supplements for bodybuilding. Mainly used for anaerobic sports (i.e. sports as bodybuilding, weightlifting or the powerlifting), creatine accelerates the renewal of adenosine triphosphate (ATP). With the aid of this muscle supplement, a stronger athlete can lift heavier weights or add repetitions to his series of exercises. Therefore, in the long run, creatine facilitates in the making of muscle mass.
- In the early 2000s, scientists studied the operation of a simple gas, nitric oxide. This gas has the ability to create muscle congestion, which increases the supply of nutrients to the muscle cells and accelerates metabolism. In addition, muscular congestion also facilitates the gain in mass.Based on arginine or its metabolites, this type of stimulant also contains caffeine which helps to increase alertness and the release of energy during exercise. These complex formulas containing arginine, creatine, and caffeine are part of the best muscle supplements today to be taken to facilitate the development of muscle mass.
It is essential to understand what are the most effective muscle supplements to enable you to take responsibility for your overall health and physical fitness. It is advisable to ensure that you are receiving the proper amount of muscle supplements that matches your stage of muscle building, and which can help you effectively reach your goals and always keep in mind that nothing substitutes a healthy diet and lifestyle which, in the long run, are the foundation of a stronger and healthier body!